terça-feira, 15 de março de 2011

Well, well, well

I started this blog approximately 6 years ago, when I left Brazil going to the US for my MBA, so people back at home could keep in touch with me and get to know about the news and so that I didn't have to write each and everyone a different email.

It didn't quite work like that, to be honest. People were lazy to go read the news in the blog and I was lazy to keep writing people emails. Also, the blog for a long time wasn't about my personal life and experiences but about politics.

So now I am back to where I was 6 years ago. Same town, not the same person.

When I was abroad I was writing in Portuguese because I felt it was safer - it would be more difficult for people in my workplace to find me in the web. Now that I am here in this no-man's-land I will write in English, pretty much for the same reasons though I don't have a job. Maybe it's because I want to keep fluent in English, maybe it's because I quite don't like the Portuguese language. Maybe it's because after all I don't like being here at all.

Nenhum comentário: