quarta-feira, 16 de março de 2011

The Horror... the Horror...

(This is the first in a series of my misadventures in Botocudo Country, and look, I only arrived yesterday to this no-man's-land)

The secret to live a happy life is to keep a low profile. Unfortunately, I forgot that stuff a long time ago.

I remember all very well when I moved to London from New York City. It took me some time to get adapted to the new city, mainly because in terms of civilization New York is superior to London. So that's the problem: you get used to better things in life and when all of a sudden those extra things you learned to live with are taken away from you you get bitter and resented.

So you can imagine my state of despair today when I went to have breakfast with my husband in a local coffee shop. It's not Starbucks, but it's not a bad coffee shop either. It has style, it's located in a nice neighborhood, and all that. In the menu they have "cafe latte", written like that. I think, "great, they even write in the proper Italian fashion". So I ask for a skinny latte, as I hate fat milk.

What was the answer? "I am sorry, but we only have fat milk". No way! NO WAY! In Botocudo Country they only serve FAT MILK! I mean, seriously, get real!

Nenhum comentário: